BEAUTY AND ABUNDANCE: YEAR-ROUND FRUIT FROM THE HOME GARDEN
Join our Email list
5 wksDate range:
October 15 to November 12Date(s) of the week:
Palo Alto HS Rm 1702Price:
Learn how to harvest delicious fruit from your garden every month of the year, using sustainable gardening practices, including efficient watering methods, integrated pest management, and non-synthetic fertilizers and soil amendments. Pome fruits (apples and pears), stone fruits (peaches, plums, apricots, cherries etc.), citrus, and berries will be discussed.
Course will cover:
- soil preparation and planting (including bareroot planting and space-saving techniques)
- selecting appropriate trees for your garden
- establishment of trees in the non-bearing years (including irrigation, fertilization and pruning)
- pruning and training techniques
- cultural requirements of specific fruits and berries, including pome fruits (apples and pears), stone fruits (peaches, plums, apricots, cherries etc.), citrus, and berries.
- integrated pest management techniques that minimize environmental impacts
Telephone: (650) 329-3752 – 50 Embarcadero Road – Palo Alto, CA 94301
Copyright © 2009-2019 Palo Alto Adult School. All rights reserved.