Duration: 8 wks
Date range: March 22 to May 19
(No class: April 5 and April 7.)
Date(s) of the week: Monday AND Wednesday
Hour: 10 a.m.–12 noon
Quarter: Spring 2021
Prerequisite: Intermediate low to intermediate high English language learners
Address: LIVE ONLINE (via ZOOM)
Price: No Fee*
Click here for more information about the COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS / ESL JOB SEARCH SKILLS class.
***PLEASE CALL THE ESL OFFICE (650) 494-2326 TO SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS.***
During the current Covid-19 period, this class is being held LIVE ONLINE via Zoom.
In this course, you will:
- develop a basic understanding of the job search process and be able to apply these skills to your own job search or career advancement
- learn how to identify different jobs, including job titles, duties and wages associated with the jobs
- be able to complete a job application, write a basic resume and write a proper email
- identify your personal strengths, weaknesses, and skills, and you will be able to talk about them as they relate to your past work experience and current job objective
- learn and be able to demonstrate successful job interview techniques
Students enrolled in this class will also be working with Kathilynn Lehmer as her clients for individualized job search coaching services through the Palo Alto Adult Ed Work Readiness course.
** 85% attendance, 100% classwork and instructor-evaluated completion of all assigned projects are required to receive a certificate. **
Telephone: (650) 329-3752 – 50 Embarcadero Road – Palo Alto, CA 94301
Copyright © 2009-2021 Palo Alto Adult School. All rights reserved.