Duration: 9 wks
Date range: January 11 to March 10
(No class: January 18 and February 15.)
Date(s) of the week: Monday AND Wednesday
Hour: 10 a.m.–12 noon
Quarter: Winter 2021
Prerequisite: For intermediate level English language learners
Address: LIVE ONLINE (via ZOOM)
Price: No Fee*
***PLEASE CALL THE ESL OFFICE (650) 494-2326 TO SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS.***
During the current Covid-19 period, this class is being held LIVE ONLINE via Zoom.
In this course, you will
- develop a basic understanding of the job search process and be able to apply these skills to your own job search or career advancement
- learn how to identify different jobs, including job titles, duties and wages associated with the jobs
- be able to complete a job application, write a basic resume and write a proper email
- identify your personal strengths, weaknesses, and skills, and you will be able to talk about them as they relate to your past work experience and current job objective
- learn and be able to demonstrate successful job interview techniques
Students enrolled in this class will also be working with Kathilynn Lehmer as her clients for individualized job search coaching services through the Palo Alto Adult Ed Work Readiness course.
** 85% attendance, 100% classwork and instructor-evaluated completion of all assigned projects are required to receive a certificate. **
Telephone: (650) 329-3752 – 50 Embarcadero Road – Palo Alto, CA 94301
Copyright © 2009-2021 Palo Alto Adult School. All rights reserved.