Classes in certain categories receive financial support from the State of California. These classes are indicated by an * in the quarterly Schedule of Classes and they include:
- English as a Second Language
- Vocational training and keyboarding classes
- Classes for persons with disabilities
- Parent education including preschool parent participation and child observation classes
- Several home economics, health and safety classes
The majority of funding for state-mandated classes is provided by state tax money and is based on student attendance hours. As a result, the class fees for students are significantly less for these state-supported classes. All other Adult School classes are supported entirely by enrollment and lab fees.
Please contact the Principal, Tom Keating, email@example.com, if you need scholarship assistance. All information given will remain confidential.