Mission & Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
Palo Alto Adult School is committed to providing a broad range of accessible, flexible, and effective educational programs that enable our diverse community of adult learners to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
Students will assess their own needs and identify their academic, career, and/or personal goals.
- With guidance, develop and communicate plans to achieve their goals.
- Be self-directed learners who learn independently and collaboratively in a diverse environment.
Using a variety of methods, technology and resources, students will acquire knowledge and skills.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills.
- Obtain academic and career skills for life and workforce readiness.
Students will apply their acquired core knowledge and skills appropriate to their goals.
- Advance to post-secondary education or training.
- Contribute to personal enrichment and the community.
- Demonstrate 21st century skills including critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.