CompTIA CERTIFICATION TRAINING:
ITF+ and A+ - GES3017 Join our Email list
Instructor: David Grimes (ed2go Instructor)
9 Months / 390 Course HoursDate(s) of the week:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Address:
ONLINE (not live)Price:
$2,395.00 (Exam Voucher Included)Register Now
Online CompTIA ITF+ and A+
Earn Your CompTIA ITF+ and A+ Certifications
CompTIA’s IT Fundamentals (ITF+) certification provides an introduction to IT concepts and skills. It is intended as a “pre-career” certification that organizes basic IT knowledge IT professionals. After mastering the fundamentals, CompTIA recommends moving on to the A+ certification, the industry’s first performance-based curriculum designed for starting IT professionals. This 100% online course will help you will master core concepts that directly apply to the ITF+ and A+ certification exams.
An exam voucher is included in your course enrollment.
Job Outlook for CompTIA A+ Certified Professionals
- Professionals with computer support skills are in high demand. Data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicates that computer support specialist jobs will enjoy 10% growth between now and 2028. This is a rate of approximately double that expected for overall job growth.
- In addition to this strong job growth, the BLS notes that growth in IT areas such as networking, security and device management means that the field also holds strong advancement opportunities.
- Salaries among IT support specialists generally reflect this high demand. The BLS notes that salaries for computer support specialists average $63,460 per year. The Bureau notes that lower salaries, such as those offered to inexperienced professionals, average $38,990, or around $19-20 per hour.
CompTIA ITF+ and A+ Certification FAQS
IS THE COMPTIA A+ CERTIFICATION GOOD FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB?
According to the CompTIA, the A+ certification is the industry-leading credential for support specialists, field service, desktop support and help desk support jobs.
WHAT JOBS CAN I GET WITH A COMPTIA A+ CERTIFICATION?
Although job titles may vary by organization and department, the following job titles feature duties covered by the CompTIA A+ certification:
- Service and user help desk support
- Technical support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- Help desk technician
- System support specialist
IS ITF+ CERTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR A+ CERTIFICATION?
Although the ITF+ certification is not listed as a formal prerequisite for the A+ exam, CompTIA highly recommends ITF+ for those embarking on their first formal training for a career in IT. It is designed to provide a framework in IT skills that can lead to a wide variety of specialized areas or can lead a prospective employee to another area outside the formal IT domain.
HOW DOES ITF+ PREPARE FOR A+ CERTIFICATION?
ITF+ is an ideal introduction to the IT concepts addressed in the more advanced A+ certification process. A+ preparation courses can be expected to address:
- Hardware, including networking and troubleshooting
- Mobile devices
- Operating systems
- Software troubleshooting
- Networking, including virtualization, cloud computing and security
WHAT DOES THE COMPTIA A+ EXAM COVER?
CompTIA A+ Core exams require candidates to demonstrate skills in:
- Baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configuring device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS Administering client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving service and support challenges, applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Supporting basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configuring and supporting PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implementing data backup and recovery methods, applying best practices for data storage and management
- Identify the purpose and function of software, hardware, and security components
- Analyze, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices, networking technologies, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network systems
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot operating systems, expanded security, software, and operational items
- Prepare to take and pass CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) exams
Please click here to see the curriculum outline, course details, and frequently asked questions.
Instructor: David Grimes
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.